Tips for Solo Entrepreneurs, How to Overcome Fear of Starting a Business
For solo entrepreneurs, building a business alone can be frightening. Yes, you have to be headstrong to make the business work. The stumbling block in the beginning could be your emotional fear, fear of starting a business. Hence, I am giving entrepreneurs tips on how to overcome your fear in business. Free video series training for Fear in Business.
How do you feel when you see successful people on the spotlight? You think that you will follow that path too. When you are actually trying to duplicate their success, it is pretty tough. You may start complaining that you don’t have enough skills, no knowledge, etc. The first thing that you need to do when you set your heart to be a solo entrepreneur is to develop emotional maturity, managing your business fear. Ask yourself if you have any fear of starting a business. Have you seen the iceberg? The 90% of iceberg part is invisible, submerged beneath the water. Your subconscious mind is like 90% of iceberg part. You accumulate past experiences in your subconscious mind, and it controls your actions and behaviors today. How can you change your old benefit or your mindset? You can’t change it overnight, but it will change gradually as you set to acquire a new belief. Here are my tips for solo entrepreneurs, how to deal with fear of starting a business:
1. Identify your fear of starting a business. Make a list of your fear and how you are going to work or to solve on each of your fear in business. When your negative thought of fear keeps coming, you need to have a positive affirmation to replace your fear gradually.
2. Identify your weakness in business. If your weakness is the root of your fear in business, do something about it, learn the skills. When your skills improve, your business fear will subside.
3. Identify and think of your strength, interest and abilities that make you feel good, confident and be proud of you.
4. Join a community which can offer a support. I feel grateful that I find the right community. I receive feedback and support. W are growing together, to encourage, to lend a helping hand and to cheer on someone’s achievement. As a human, we need praises and compliments to build our self-worth. The law of association is working; associate yourself with successful, positive or influential people and they will determine your future.
5. Hire a coach or a consultant. Why do you need a consultant? If you have challenges in your business, and if you need advices or someone to brainstorm with you for a solution, you need to hire a consultant. Don’t get defeated in your obstacle, but get a help. Why do you need a coach? You want to achieve your goal, and you need someone to walk with you, to overcome your fear of starting a business and to follow up with your actions and goal. If you can find a consultant that can perform as a coach, that is a better choice.
With tips for solo entrepreneurs, how to manage fear of starting a business, you will be prepared to get started in business. Visualize your vision and remember your mission in business, that is your motivation why you should build your own business. When your business is working, you are not only developing your potentials, but you help your family and your business will give positive impact to people around you.